Friday 20 January 2012

Taxing Taxes!

Well, as my little business is finally getting an opportunity to take off, I feel it is time to set everything up properly.

Very helpfully it just happens to be 'tax week' on People Per Hour which means there have been some especially useful blog postings from their guest financial expert Elaine, Managing Director of the award winning company CheapAccounting.co.uk. As well as running an open drop in surgery for freelancers between 11am - 1pm each day, she has also shared some invaluable tips on how to deal with the financial side of being a small business.

Having read this post I am now wondering whether it is safer to set myself up as a sole trader or a limited company? The whole situation seems fraught with loopholes, tricks and techniques for maximising income and minimising tax; it really is very confusing for the average person.

Im very pleased to have found Elaine though, she's just brilliant. And if your head is being fried by taxes, have a look on her website or download the free guide to get a bit of assistance with self employment laws.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see more free open tax forums to help people across the UK. I do think that accountants earn enough money to enable to help some people for free, I promote this option as often as I can.

    Emma Simpson // cheap uk accountants

    ReplyDelete